Include is a city-wide project which provides one to one support, information, advice and advocacy to young women who think they might be pregnant, are pregnant or who are already mums. We offer advocacy and emotional support for young women who are going through care proceedings in court, to make sure that the women feel more involved with and better informed about the process. We give young women practical and emotional support to grow as parents and develop their ideas about how to be a good mother and role model.
The project offers –
- One to one support on an outreach basis across the city for girls & young women up until the age of 21, or 25 if they have been in care
- Support with a range of issues such as housing, benefits, education and managing relationships
- Support and advocacy for those with Social Care involvement, including going through court
- Help to overcome barriers to accessing health and maternity services
- Work with young women accessing (or considering accessing) termination services so they are able to make informed choices about what is right for them
What the women have said about Include –
Thank you for all your help, I feel like I’m being listened to now.
I don’t know how I would have done that by myself.
Thank you, you helped the whole family, we were really stuck about where to go for help.
You can refer yourself or be referred by a professional. If you’d like a referral form, a leaflet or to ask us any questions, contact us on 0113 2762851. You can also click to download the Include Referral Form.