Funded by Comic Relief, Women's Lives Leeds and Leeds Women's and Girls Hubs are working towards a city that is better for women, better for everyone.
The United Nations already have a Women Friendly City initiative, which defines a Women Friendly City as:
A City where women can:
· Can access health, education and social services.
· Can access employment opportunities.
· Can access high quality and comprehensive urban services (such as transportation, accommodation and security).
· Can access mechanisms that will guarantee their rights in the event they are subjected to violence.
A City where:
· Local governments take into account women’s issues and perspectives in their planning and decision-making processes.
· Women are supported and encouraged to participate in all areas of urban life on an equal basis with men.
For more information, please visit womenfriendlyleeds.org.