top of page
Funded by Comic Relief, Women's Lives Leeds and Leeds Women's and Girls Hubs are working towards a city that is better for women, better for everyone.
The United Nations already have a Women Friendly City initiative, which defines a Women Friendly City as:
A City where women can:
· Can access health, education and social services.
· Can access employment opportunities.
· Can access high quality and comprehensive urban services (such as transportation, accommodation and security).
· Can access mechanisms that will guarantee their rights in the event they are subjected to violence.
A City where:
· Local governments take into account women’s issues and perspectives in their planning and decision-making processes.
· Women are supported and encouraged to participate in all areas of urban life on an equal basis with men.
For more information, please visit womenfriendlyleeds.org.
Please subscribe below to receive our updates
bottom of page